Featured Article

Latest from Ask the Experts

• 0

I’m working part-time on my e-commerce business while I finish up my degree. I’ve got a good payment platform, and I think I’ve got stuff that will sell. I’m having trouble getting the search rankings I want, though, so I recently made some SEO changes to try and help. But how long will it b…

• 0

Some students prefer to live on campus. Others like to find a place that’s within easy walking distance. If the latter appears to you, looking for space that an innovative homeowner created for single living is a good idea. Assuming the right combination of basement ideas was used to transfo…

More from Ask the Experts

• 0

Your classes can be stressful. Between sitting for longer periods of time and the intensity that sometimes comes with class discussions, it feels good to get up and move around. You’ll find that structured exercise at least three times a week will be good for your mind as well as for your bo…

• 0

Life on campus is great, especially if you have a comfortable place to lay your head at the end of a long day of classes. One of the things that makes your dorm room comfortable is windows that work properly. Have you noticed some issues? If so, it’s time to report them to the resident assis…

• 0

College is an exciting time when you can try different things and work towards your future. As you near the end of your last semester, you might be eager to start your career and move on, but there are a few things you should do before graduation. Here are five things you need to accomplish …

• 0

I have the privilege of staying with a host family in Germany. I am excited for the adventure ahead, but I am worried about making mistakes as far as customs and manners go. I’d like to send a gift to my host, but I’m not sure what’s appropriate to give. Do the experts have any suggestions?

• 0

Tuition, housing, books, groceries, maybe the occasional night out… managing money as a college student is tricky even under the best of circumstances. Feeling nervous about money is part of starting life on your own. The most important thing is embracing that nervousness and asking yourself…

• 0

When in college, studying is a must to do the work properly and to pass exams. However, many people waste time by not doing the right things come study time. For a better outcome, students must take specific steps to ensure they can learn and excel. 

• 0

It can happen to anyone. One minute, you’re cruising down the highway without a care in the world. The next minute, you have encountered an accident. Whether it’s a large collision or a small two-car situation, witnessing or coming across an accident on the highway can be a high-stress situa…

• 0

Graduation can be an exciting and nerve-wracking time for college students. There is an excitement that a person gets by starting their life and career they have been working on for so long. However, on the other hand, it is scary going into the real world without any experience. 

• 0

I’ve been working as a freelance consultant in the Kansas City area for about a year now, and I’m looking for ways to build my personal brand so that I may attract new clients. Currently, I’m getting my clients entirely through word of mouth advertising. That’s been working out okay, but I k…

• 0

VPNs are remarkable things. Using secure and encrypted connections, they can create a private network (a virtual private network — that’s what “VPN” stands for) walled off from the broader internet. This allows workers to collaborate online without risking the loss of sensitive corporate mat…

• 0

My professor always told us that we need to sleep more because it positively impacts the brain. But he never elaborated on how sleep actually affects the brain. How important is sleep for the brain, learning and our general lifestyle?

• 0

I’ve started my first semester of college, but my lack of writing skills is really holding me back. When a professor has the class write a paper, I completely dread the idea. My writing has always been horrid, and I am afraid that it will have a serious negative impact on my grades.

• 0

Most people are already well aware that regular exercise is an important part of health and fitness. However, there are huge numbers of people who fail to get the level of exercise they need. This is something that can have a huge impact on their health and wellbeing. Exercise is important f…

• 0

I’ve just been hired for a new office job. I’m excited about the position, and I think that I’ll do well. But I’m worried about appearances. This is my first office job, and I’m not sure how to dress. Do you have any tips or advice?

• 0

I have a friend at school who is one of the best friends I've ever had. From the moment I showed up on campus and met him, we've been practically inseparable. We share a lot of interests, and one of those interests is definitely drinking.

• 0

I love being in college, but I don’t love my living situation. Sometimes it’s great to be in close quarters with roommates and friends, but at other times, my dorm room can feel way too small. Even worse for me is the fact that the room always looks so cheap and run-down. It’s not that my do…

• 0

I’m a rising high school senior facing the crisis everyone my age goes through: college applications! I’ve always known I’ve wanted to go to college and pursue higher education. I started out considering a psychology degree, but more recently I’ve realized that my interest is in criminal jus…

• 0

I’m a college student with an idea for a startup. My partners and I are now at a point where we need to raise some capital. We’ve exhausted our network of friends and family, and we’ve also poured our own savings into the business. But we still have a way to go before we reach our funding goal.

• 0

I just started college and am in my first semester. My classmates are great, I am living in a dorm, but I am noticing that everyone has terrible health habits. People are smoking, no one sleeps and my friends will eat anything that is put in front of their faces.

• 0

My sister is on the school’s field hockey team, and they’re looking for new and creative ways to raise money for the team. If they’re successful, their ideas may also be used by other sports teams. Aside from the usual candy selling, how else can they raise money for their teams?

• 0

By now, you’ve no doubt heard plenty about the benefits of therapy. It can help you work through difficult issues in the short-term, but it also gives you helpful tools to cope with events that may occur in the future. Good therapy can change your thinking and give you a new perspective on t…

• 0

I’ve been shopping around for vehicles, and I’ve decided that I want to purchase a car from a private seller. I’ve already found one that I like, but I’m worried about going through with the purchase. A friend of mine told me stories of how people buy cars from private sellers and they turn …

• 0

I’ve always considered myself a crafty person. I’ve always enjoyed the process of creating things, and I’ve dabbled in just about every area of crafting you can think of. A lot of my friends comment on how I should be selling the things that I make. But I’m really not sure where to start or …

• 0

I have always been interested in online privacy, and I have taken steps to help keep my browsing anonymous. One step I have taken is using PureVPN’s service because I heard that the company uses a no-log audit system. But some people have been saying that they’re not sure if the company’s no…

• 0

Life at university can be fun and exciting, but it is also important to keep yourself grounded and remember why you are there in the first place. When you are at university, it can be very tough to keep your mind on your studies with so much going on all the time. However, it is vital that y…

• 0

There are a lot of things you need to think about as a business owner, and one of the most important is to assess the best ways of marketing your company more effectively moving forward. There are a lot of things that play a part in the process of improving your company, and this is somethin…

• 0

I recently inherited my grandmother’s mobile home, and I plan to live in it instead of living on campus to save money. It’s in good condition, but I’d really love to make it look more like a stick-built home. Is there a way to make a manufactured home look more like a site-built home?

• 0

I work for a small startup, and my boss said that we’re all going to be using a VPN from now on for all of our laptops. We're a small tech company with a unique product that is about to hit market, and I didn’t want to be the only one in the group not to know what a VPN’s benefits were.

• 0

In recent years, Americans didn’t use 705 million vacation days, which is a huge mistake. Beyond the obvious desire to use the time that your company has given you, you should also feel compelled to treat yourself to a little rest and relaxation. When you do use those precious vacation days,…

• 0

My fiancé and I just purchased a home together. We want to live off campus and get a head start on home ownership before we graduate college. We love the house, but it’s a major fixer-upper. Do the experts have any tips for renovating an old home?

• 0

I’m in my second year of college, and I have already accumulated over $7,000 in student loan debt. A lot of my friends seem to be ignoring the issue with the goal of being able to pay off their debt when they get out of college, but it’s starting to become a major concern of mine.

• 0

Online security seems to focus heavily on businesses, but how can I increase my own personal security online? I have received countless notifications from Credit Karma about my email address being included in data breaches, and my social media accounts have been hacked before.

• 0

I’m a photographer who is looking to branch out on my own. I've been working on my portfolio, and I have my website up and running. People can buy prints through my website or my Etsy shop, but I’m still working out the kinks in my marketing plan.

• 0

Everyone has been stuck behind a car accident on the freeway at some point. In fact, accidents and other traffic disturbances are one of the leading causes of roadway congestion. But while getting stuck behind a bad accident is frustrating, it’s much worse to be in one of the cars involved i…

• 0

The great outdoorsman is one who, in the wild, leverages all the tools at his disposal. There are tools that are mostly used for the outdoors, but some tend to get overlooked. One such tool is the fillet knife. Fillet knives have long been synonymous with fish, and it’s easy to think that it…

• 0

For some, talking about sexually transmitted disease (STD’s also referred to as sexually transmitted infections or STIs) in general, whether it be on the first date or even the 12th, is not something that comes naturally. No one really wants discuss such a topic, but it’s important to know t…

• 0

I know that cremation involves reducing your body to ash after you’ve died, but the thought of planning a funeral and making these sorts of decisions is very discomforting. Because of this, I worry that I’m overlooking important factors in the cremation process. What should I think about whe…

• 0

I’ve been having trouble in the bedroom, and my doctor recently diagnosed me with erectile dysfunction. I’m still a relatively young guy, so I’ve been wondering what could cause this to happen? My friend who has a similar problem has been taking Kamagra that he bought online. Can this drug h…

• 0

Erectile dysfunction (ED) is something that I have been struggling with for years. My doctor has examined me, and while I do not have diabetes or hypertension, I have been diagnosed with ED which makes me cringe every time I am ready to sleep with someone.

• 0

I’m reviewing my car insurance because it’s my most expensive bill every month. I am paying over $3,000 per year for my insurance, and I’m wondering how much coverage I really need. I am slightly over the required coverage limits, but I am wondering if it is a necessity to keep this level of…

• 0

I have a real passion for technology, and I have a prototype for a software-as-a-service business that has a lot of interest in the enterprise space. My biggest issue is that I don’t have the time or resources to push my idea forward with work and my other commitments.