The Daily encourages its readers to submit original content to positively contribute to conversations on campus. The Daily shares the UW's value for diversity, and it strives to represent all voices on campus in addition to those of its staff. Members of the UW community, including students, organizations, staff, faculty, and alumni, are welcome to share their unique perspectives with The Daily via submitting editorials and letters. All guest content is published online on Fridays. Questions and comments regarding the submission process can be sent to Opinion Editor Rachel Morgan at email@example.com.
Guest editorials offer an opportunity to discuss a topic with more detail and at greater length.
Guest editorials must be fewer than 750 words in length and should center on an original argument and not merely report on a program or event.
Editorials must be relevant to the UW Seattle campus or the U-District community. The Daily does not print editorials that have been previously published elsewhere.
Publication is limited to one editorial per unique individual or organization per academic quarter. The Daily does not publish guest series or columns.
Authors of guest editorials will not receive monetary compensation for their work.
Editorials must include the author's full name, contact information, and UW affiliation (anticipated graduation year and department for students; department and position for faculty and staff; and graduation year and degree for alumni).
The Daily reserves the right not to publish any editorial.
Guest editorials can be submitted here.
Letters to the Editor
Letters to the Editor are most commonly written in response to Daily articles, though other letters are also welcome.
Letters should be fewer than 250 words in length.
Letters must include the author's full name, contact information, and UW affiliation (anticipated graduation year and department for students; department and position for faculty and staff; and graduation year and degree for alumni).
The Daily does not publish anonymous letters.
The Daily reserves the right not to publish any letter.
Letters to the Editor can be submitted here.
- Does The Daily accept guest content? Yes!
- Should I submit guest content to The Daily? Absolutely!
- What should I write about? The Daily is open to guest editorials and letters concerning a wide range of topics, though content that is specifically focused on The Daily's content and/or issues concerning the UW Seattle and U-District community is preferred.
- How do I submit a guest editorial or letter? Please submit guest content via the online forms (here for guest editorials and here for letters).
- Can I respond to a Daily article? Of course! However, The Daily reserves the right to not publish a submission, for reasons including, but not limited to, having discriminatory content, personal attacks, and excessively inappropriate language.
- Will my editorial or letter be edited? The Daily does not edit guest content with the exception of correcting major spelling or grammatical errors.
- When will my editorial or letter be published? If your submission is selected for publication, it will be published on The Daily's website on the next Friday of an academic quarter.
- Can I submit an anonymous editorial or letter? The Daily does not accept anonymous submissions. All submissions must include the author's full name, contact information, and UW affiliation (anticipated graduation year and department for students; department and position for faculty and staff; and graduation year and degree for alumni).
- Can I advertise for my organization/company/band/event in my editorial or letter? No. The Daily is a newspaper, not a PR organization. Should you wish The Daily to report on your organization/company/band/event/etc., feel free to contact the appropriate section editor with your information. Contact information for editors can be found here. Advertising information can be found here.
- Can I submit photos with my editorial? Courtesy photos can be published when appropriate. Email photos with captions and attribution information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Will I get paid for publishing an editorial with The Daily? The Daily does not provide monetary compensation for guest content, but current UW Seattle students can pursue employment opportunities at The Daily, which are paid.
- I already had a guest editorial/letter published this quarter. Can I submit another editorial/letter? The Daily only publishes one piece of guest content per unique author per academic quarter.
- I have another question not listed here! Who can I talk to? Email Opinion Editor Rachel Morgan at email@example.com with all questions and comments.
Submissions can also be sent to 132 Communications, Box 353720, faxed to (206) 543-2345, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.