Early Saturday morning, a gunman opened fire at a house party in Mukilteo, killing three and injuring one young adult in attendance.

Among the victims was UW Bothell student Anna Bui. 

A single suspect, Allen Ivanov, was arrested following the shooting. Ivanov has also been identified as a UW Bothell student.

UW president Ana Mari Cauce released a statement Saturday.

“There is no making sense of such senseless violence, especially for those of us who teach and learn at a university, where our greatest pride is watching young people reach their full potential,” Cauce said. “To see them taken from us is heartbreaking and painful. We encourage members of our community to reach out if they need help, and to utilize the counselors and other resources available for students, faculty and staff.”

In addition to vigils held throughout the community for the victims, the shooting has prompted public statements from many, including Gov. Jay Inslee. 

“These victims were just starting the new chapter of their lives as young adults,” Inslee said. “Such a loss is difficult to comprehend, and we know the hearts of every Washingtonian go out to their grieving mothers and fathers.”

The surviving victim is currently being treated at Harborview Medical Center. 

Reach News Editor Spencer Kelty at news@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @spencer_kelty