Have you ever wanted to see the Eiffel Tower in person? Or maybe you've always wanted to try sushi that was actually made in Japan. If you ever thought that traveling the world could never be done on a student's budget, think again.

This year's Study Abroad Fair takes place tomorrow in Mary Gates Hall from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This year's fair will offer more than 200 different international opportunities for UW students looking to travel the world.

The UW has university exchange partners all over the world in more than 50 countries, with opportunities to travel to places as diverse in culture as Japan and South Africa.

"New to the fair this year are the workshop sessions," said Shannon Koller, a study abroad advisor.

These workshops will offer information on how to find funding for time abroad and even how to get internships in a variety of international countries.

There are 22 different academic departments at the UW that participate in study abroad programs.

Senior Roya Zahed knew right away that she wanted to visit another country.

"I went my freshman year through a program in the communications department," said Zahed, who studied in Rome for three months. "The best part of [the whole experience] was that you got a glimpse of what life looks like in a different culture ... You become a person of that culture."

Senior Carrie Moore agrees with Zahed.

"I went to the [Study Abroad] Fair two years ago. ... I knew that it was something that I wanted to do," she said.

Moore has studied abroad four times and transferred to the UW in part due to its educational opportunities in different countries.

"The other school that I went to didn't have many study abroad programs," Moore said.

The fair offers a one-stop opportunity for students to learn about programs abroad.

"It's the only time during the year that all of these international and educational opportunities are under one roof," Koller said. "Our office will available to answer any questions on study abroad programs and help you begin your search for your [study abroad]."

[Reach contributing writer Elaine Wang at news@thedaily.washington.edu.]