Latest on Coronavirus
Coronavirus Updates from the news desk
Two UW Medicine physical therapists have worked with a team of 10 coronavirus patients to test exercise techniques that appear to prevent some of the worst side effects of COVID-19.
In 1918, the Spanish Flu swept the globe, infecting and killing people worldwide. The casualties were staggering with some 50 to 100 million deaths total, an estimated 675,000 of them Americans.
A UW epidemiologist has found that, as time has gone on, a higher proportion of young people are accounting for new novel coronavirus case diagnoses.
Leaders from three universities, including the UW, discussed in a webinar the role universities have in leading students, faculty, staff, and the overall community during the unprecedented time of COVID-19 and police violence.
The global disruption caused by COVID-19 has presented researchers with a unique opportunity to investigate its impacts on humans and the environment. Here’s how some UW researchers have carried out their projects remotely amid the pandemic.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the general population has grown more anxious about contracting the virus. This anxiety can lead to potentially grave consequences, as some patients needing care from UW Medicine have been deferring, delaying, or not taking treatment at all for problems not relate…
The history department gathered last Friday to put on “History Behind the Headlines,” a webinar to discuss moments in history that people can look to for guidance in our present and future amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
UW Medicine has borne the brunt of the financial impact of COVID-19, with losses predicted to pass half a billion dollars and thousands of workers furloughed. But it is not the only UW entity facing hefty shortfalls.
The presidents of three large, public universities — the UW, Arizona State University, and Purdue University— participated in a virtual webinar focused on how public universities are acting as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on! Submit news to email@example.com.
- Petition calling for grade leniency for Black students draws 43,000 signatures amid unrest
- RuPaul and Drag Race: Racism, fracking, and transphobia galore
- UW units projected to lose more than $100 million amid coronavirus
- Menchavez: Calling for accountability amid UW’s campus climate results
- Love is blind...ing: UW students participate in a virtual dating show
- How are local grocery stores handling mask rules?
- OPINION: Dear white and non-Black people of color: It is our moral duty to speak up
- Seattle protest of police brutality goes south after peaceful demonstration
- Cauce says she expects 'hybrid model' for fall classes in webinar
- The Daily supports the decriminalization of UW