As COVID-19 infections rebound after a few months of relatively stable rates, healthcare workers’ risk for contracting the virus increases as well.
Latest on Coronavirus
Coronavirus Updates from the news desk
More than 90% of class sections at the UW’s Seattle campus will be held online fall quarter as the state continues to struggle with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the university announced Thursday afternoon.
UW Medicine has reported that novel coronavirus rates among its staff members are half the rate of tested patients, indicating that preventive measures taken in the early stages of the pandemic have proven effective in keeping employees safe from the virus.
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have reported over 50 million coronavirus tests in the United States. Of these tests, over 5 million have come back positive for COVID-19.
When UW students Kylie Knowles and Mina Hassani first joined the voting justice group Common Power, they never thought they’d have to register voters without leaving the house.
Throughout history, there has been alarmism among some that overpopulation would lead to famine, wars, and epidemics.
In today’s ever-turbulent political climate, one of the dangers Americans must manage amid the growing COVID-19 pandemic isn’t just the virus itself, but the pseudoscience and misinformation surrounding it. For months, many Americans have engaged in increasingly fervent displays of rebellion…
Researchers from UW, WSU, and Tacoma Community College have created an ongoing survey to evaluate how the COVID-19 outbreak has affected economic and food security among Washington residents.
One month ago, a redditor made one of the first of many posts complaining about partying on Greek row. The news of the outbreak of the novel coronavirus broke almost exactly two weeks later.
A recent analysis by UW researchers seeks to answer a question that’s been hovering in the air since early March, when government officials across the country began instituting widespread stay-at-home orders: Are the skies clearer with cars off the road and people staying at home? Well, as i…
We're always interested in hearing about news in our community. Let us know what's going on! Submit news to email@example.com.
- UW professor Cliff Mass compares violent protesters to Nazis and he’s not sorry
- To student and faculty panelists, abolishing UWPD isn’t that hard to imagine
- ‘People’s voices are going into their art’: UW BLM hosts month-long installation of resistance-inspired art at the George Washington statue
- The uneven playing field of competitive STEM majors
- UW professors give insights on the past, present, and future of Ladino
- University confirms almost all of fall quarter will be held online amid coronavirus
- 5 of the Healthiest Places to Live in America
- Etched in stone: The implications of racially induced monument removal
- As coronavirus cases rise, spread to UW medical workers remains low
- It's like high school all over again
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.