More from Science
Overdiagnosis is a growing problem in the medical community, especially in the field of breast pathology. Diagnosing patients with breast cancer when they don’t actually have it can lead to stress and unnecessary treatments.
Editor's Note: The second quarter of Penicillin For Your Thoughts continues to explore the transition from pre-med to medical student to practicing doctor, not only in terms of schooling and physical obstacles, but also how one’s identity and relationship with their passion is constantly bei…
When 10-year-old Zetta Elliott was doodling fairies in her bedroom, her sister snatched her notebook and said, “Don’t you know fairies are for white girls?”
What actions can you actually take to combat climate change? How can the mental health of people of color be better supported?
Debates on the origin of life have been going on for quite some time with multiple scientists putting in the time and effort to research this topic. Right now, two scientists have come up with a solution to the origin of life problem with their study called “a carbonate-rich lake solution to…
With around 100 different minors at the UW, students may be disappointed that they can’t minor in popular departments such as psychology or computer science. However, among the wide array of minors, there are some unique combinations of business, computing, math, and science. Whether it’s to…
On the second floor of the Bill & Melinda Gates Center, a wooden sign hangs in a window, inscribed with the Center for Game Science logo. Inside, along the walls, diagrams, calculations, and one expo marker tree fill the well-used whiteboards. A team of software developers sit at their d…
Informatics at the UW has a history of being a male-dominated major. According to the Women in Informatics (WINFO) website, in 2012, 72% of admits to the program were male.
Kevin Ryoo is well-known in the gaming community by his screen name “SeleCT.” Following an illustrious 10-year professional gaming career playing multiplayer online battle arena and real-time strategy games such as Warcraft 3, Starcraft 2, and DOTA 2, Ryoo is now pursuing a computer science …
- Watchdog claims UW bashed ferrets’ heads in experiment
- ‘It’s like engraved in my brain’: What goes into being a UW cheerleader
- The Seattle Monorail, a paradox of past and future
- Top Dog Breeds To Have As Family Pets
- The lives and labors of professional translators and interpreters
- UWPD chief candidate’s previous work faced discrimination lawsuits
- Review: Staged reading of ‘Savage Conversations’ rattles morals
- U Bike bicycle library program fosters long-term bicycle ownership
- ‘In the belly of the beast’: What modern-day activism looks like in the face of US wars in the Middle East
- Humanities advising consolidation? Not so fast, student senate says