More from Science
A recent collaboration between SpaceX and NASA made international headlines for marking the beginning of an era of commercial, manned space flights. However, a future of commercial space flights requires an increased efficiency of current rocket engines.
As it becomes more difficult to breathe underwater, marine species are moving away from their homes along the West Coast.
There are currently more than 21,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Washington state, according to the Washington State Department of Health. The number came after more than 320,000 tests which has put intense pressure on hospitals and clinics over the past few months. To provide faster acce…
The humble Pacific oyster might be the crown jewel of fine dining and yet, consumers have become increasingly wary of a microscopic lurker believed to be found in shellfish: microplastics.
With summer just around the corner, temperatures are heating up and sunny skies are dominating the forecast.
Do pigeons think we went extinct? Are crows bummed that they can no longer hit up their favorite UW students for snacks? Are the birds that start singing outside your window at 5 a.m. rejoicing in our recent worldwide drop in carbon emissions, or are they just celebrating springtime?
Following 9/11, researchers measured a significant decrease in stress-increasing hormones in North Atlantic right whales. Due to less ship and air traffic in that area, there was less noise in the water than usual. This brought to attention the correlation between human created noise and hig…
How far should you go in helping a stranger sick person? Should you donate masks to front-line medical workers despite a shortage of protection for you? Who should we prioritize ventilators for? Do age and pre-existing health conditions matter? All these ethical problems have uniquely risen …
A recent study done by a team of UW researchers has found that even though people misunderstand online status indicators (OSIs) — those little dots or lines of text that indicate online status — they still shape their behavior around them.
- RuPaul and Drag Race: Racism, fracking, and transphobia galore
- Petition calling for grade leniency for Black students draws 43,000 signatures amid unrest
- UW units projected to lose more than $100 million amid coronavirus
- Menchavez: Calling for accountability amid UW’s campus climate results
- Cauce says she expects 'hybrid model' for fall classes in webinar
- How are local grocery stores handling mask rules?
- Seattle protest of police brutality goes south after peaceful demonstration
- OPINION: Dear white and non-Black people of color: It is our moral duty to speak up
- Love is blind...ing: UW students participate in a virtual dating show
- What photographing death and a brain cancer diagnosis taught graduate student Caroline Catlin