More from Science
As the global confirmed COVID-19 cases count passes 10 million and cases in Washington state continue to rise, uncertainty of the future plagues us all. How long until things can be normal again?
As the project lead for a research team focused on creating fiber-based solar cells, Kien Nguyen, a materials science and engineering senior, is leading fellow undergraduates toward developing revolutionary flexible electronics.
Imagine that you have a job that requires flying overseas at least once a year, spending months in another country observing animals in the wild, training local researchers in the area to do the work you do, and regularly visiting local schools to educate students on the issues your work add…
Wanyu Guan, an informatics junior, has been seeking internships in data science, software engineering, and program management since the beginning of the school year. She had always wanted to spend the summer of her junior year working at a tech company to gain technical experience.
Make4All is a research group that looks into ways to make technological devices inclusive through data science and 3D fabrication. The research, led by Jennifer Mankoff, a computer science professor, uses a human-centered approach to tackle technological challenges faced by affected populations.
While people tend to get less of it as they grow older, sleep is an essential aspect of development in the first few years of life. A recent study by the UW Autism Center found a connection between sleep and brain development for infants with a family history of autism. This specific study i…
A recent collaboration between SpaceX and NASA made international headlines for marking the beginning of an era of commercial, manned space flights. However, a future of commercial space flights requires an increased efficiency of current rocket engines.
As it becomes more difficult to breathe underwater, marine species are moving away from their homes along the West Coast.
There are currently more than 21,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Washington state, according to the Washington State Department of Health. The number came after more than 320,000 tests which has put intense pressure on hospitals and clinics over the past few months. To provide faster acce…
The humble Pacific oyster might be the crown jewel of fine dining and yet, consumers have become increasingly wary of a microscopic lurker believed to be found in shellfish: microplastics.
- Petition to accommodate international students amid restrictions draws 15,000 signatures
- UW mathematics professors co-sign letter discouraging researchers collaborating with police
- COVID-19 cases in fraternities continue to grow: now 151
- COVID-19 cases in the Greek community pass 100
- It's never too late to start learning a second language
- Anticipated season-opener between Washington and Michigan scrapped
- The coronavirus vaccine timeline: The end in sight?
- Deaths will be cut in half if everyone wears a mask in public, UW researchers say
- ‘An entire system is changing’: UW Medicine stops using race-based equation to calculate kidney function
- Learning online at night
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.