Mosey on over to Meowtropolitan

• 0

When a friend told me one day that she was heading to a cat cafe, I couldn’t believe what she was saying. Two of my favorite things — coffee and cats — in the same place? So began my love affair with Seattle’s first cat cafe.

Located in Wallingford, Seattle Meowtropolitan is a coffee shop with a twist: Customers can head over to the cat lounge to meet and play with a few of the cafe’s furry residents. The cat lounge, equipped with towers, cushions, and toys, is home to Penguin, Clouds, Merlin, and several others.

For $13, visitors can spend 50 minutes in the cat lounge, along with a complimentary drink. The cafe offers a wide array of espresso, hot chocolate, and Italian soda, as well as fun, feline-themed baked goods. For those who want to show off their love for cats, Meowtropolitan also sells cat-themed socks, T-shirts, keychains, and other merchandise.

Meowtropolitan also hosts special events, such as Yoga with Cats and Purr & Paint. If yoga and painting weren’t already relaxing enough, cuddling with cats is sure to make your day.

The best part of this cafe is the friendships that form between visitors and the cats. Many of the cats are available for adoption, and if they form that special bond with a visitor, they get to go home with them. Meowtropolitan also donates a portion of its sales to various charities and shelters dedicated to providing for cats in need.

Seattle Meowtropolitan is a unique spot to have fun and bond with adorable cats, and you’ll want to come back again and again.

Reach contributing writers Nicole Pasia at development@dailyuw.com.