Dawg Daze is the UW’s way of welcoming the new school year and incoming freshman class. Lasting from Sept. 20-29, it’s over a week of special activities, shows, and more. Be sure to check in at one of the check-in stations on Sept. 20, 21, or 22 to pick up your Dawg Daze pass, as it’ll be required for many events.

1. Transfer students sail away to Alki Beach

Sept. 20 - 12:30-4 p.m.

RSVP required

Meet at Drumheller Fountain

If you’re transferring to the UW from another school, kick off your Dawg Daze experience by going on a Seattle adventure with your fellow transfer students. Meet the group at Drumheller Fountain, then use your U-PASS to take the water taxi to Alki Beach.

1. Glow-ga at the IMA

Sept. 20 - 7-8 p.m.

IMA, Gym Room D

A Dawg Daze tradition, glow-ga (a giant yoga class in the dark, complete with glow sticks) is always a good time. Bring friends or go alone — both seasoned yogis and beginners will enjoy this. By virtue of its size and glow-in-the-dark novelty, this event is unique from any other yoga class.

1. UW Recreation Mindful Tea and Meditation

Sept. 21 - 10-11 a.m.

Grieg Garden

What’s all the fuss about meditation? Increased productivity, reduce physical tension, and a crystal clear mind, apparently. Find out more at Grieg Garden while sipping a cup of tea with other mindful Huskies. Just remember to bring a yoga mat to sit on.

1. Dawg Daze Commuter and Transfer Student Meet Up

Northside:

University Book Store Mill Creek

Sept. 21 - 6-8 p.m.

Eastside:

Bellevue College D 106

Sept. 20 - 9-11 a.m.

If you’re a commuter or transfer student, check out one of these events to socialize, exchange commuting tips, or maybe even set up a carpool. Please note that RSVP is required only for the Eastside event.

1. Quad Flicks: Mystery Movie (while you’re there: Late Night Carnival)

Sept. 21- 8-10 p.m.

The Quad

Another Dawg Daze tradition, bring friends and blankets to catch an outdoor movie in The Quad. Snacks will be available, so be sure to get there early to snag popcorn and a good viewing spot. After the movie, walk through the Late Night Carnival that will be going on in Red Square.

1. Seattle Aquarium Behind-the-Scenes Tour

Sept. 22 - 12:30-4 p.m.

RSVP required

Meet at south end of Drumheller Fountain

If you’re curious about how the backend of an aquarium operates, tag along to the Seattle Aquarium with the UW College of the Environment.

1. Dance Party at Ode

Sept. 22 - 9 p.m.-midnight

Odegaard Library

It’s not often that you’ll get to turn a library into a dance floor. Join other Huskies in Ode for your annual opportunity, just remember to bring your Dawg Pass.

1. Fall Fling

Sept. 24 - 3-7 p.m.

HUB Lawn

Don’t miss the annual free music show outside the HUB — performers will be announced in September. Last year, Marc E. Bassy and Noname Gypsy brought in lots of fans.

Check out the complete schedule at http://www.uwdawgdaze.com/new-all-events/.

Reach Special Sections Editor Alyson Podesta at specials@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @Alyson_Podesta