My favorite restaurant on The Ave: Xi’an Noodles

• 0

A few days after returning from two and a half months of studying abroad, I knew I wanted two things: Trader Joe’s peppermint bark and dinner from Xi’an Noodles near Northeast 55th Street on The Ave.

Within a few days of arriving home, I found myself sitting in the restaurant to catch up with my good friend about the highs and lows of living in Prague, share updates about my plans to work at Microsoft after graduation, and catch up about what home would look like for us.

Nothing made my heart and tummy feel more full than sharing my love of noodles with my best friend. I always order the spicy cumin lamb hand-ripped noodles because it’s the perfect combination of flavorful, fresh, and filling, and the food always comes pretty quickly. You can always add extra scallions, cilantro, soy sauce, and cumin from the sauce bar to ensure that your noodles are exactly what you came for. 

Ultimately, Xi’an Noodles is worth the trek all the way up The Ave.

Reach diversity beat reporter Aleenah Ansari at specials@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @aleenah_ansari