The Washington men’s golf team will close out its fall schedule with a trip down the coast to compete in the Gifford Collegiate.

UCLA hosts the three-day competition at Silverado Resort and Spa North Course, where the UW will join No. 9 Stanford, No. 12 USC, and No. 20 Colorado, among others. The eight team field will be played in a different format than past seasons. 

In years prior, play would open with 54 holes of stroke play. This year, the men will play 36 holes (two rounds) of stroke play Monday to seed the field for the remaining two days of match play.

The Huskies are hoping to make it all the way to Wednesday, when the tournament champion is crowned. 

Washington has been hot and cold this season after finishing two tournaments inside the top 10 and two just outside. 

Senior Corey Pereira has fared well, and with the help of newcomer Sam Warkentin the Huskies should be able to close out the fall season strong. 

After this week of play, the UW won’t take the course again until January for the Arizona Intercollegiate.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez