The Washington Men’s golf team opened its 2018 season at the Sewailo Golf Club in Tucson for the Arizona Intercollegiate, tying for 12th in an 18-team field, shooting 50-over 902 (316-298-288).

Junior Carl Yuan finished with the best score for the Huskies with a 9-over 222 to tie for 25th place. He saved his best round for last, shooting 4-under 67 after going over par on his first two rounds.

Freshman Noah Woolsey followed close behind Yuan, finishing in a tie for 28th with a score of 10-over 223 after breaking even on his final round.

The lone senior in the team competition for the Huskies, Frank Garber, finished tied for 60th. A triple-bogey in his final round wiped out two birdies early on, and he finished at 18-over 231 on the tournament.

Freshman Jan Schneider had an opposite time as Garber, starting his second day with two double-bogeys in the first six holes, but making up ground with three birdies and an eagle. He finished 19-over 232 to tie for 64th.

Sophomore Henry Lee rounded out the UW team score with a 23-over 236 over the three rounds.

Washington also sent three golfers to the individual competition at the Randolph Golf Course. Sophomore Shamu Bodhidatta finished tied for 17th, junior William Mansfield tied for 26th, and senior Jordan Lu ended his tournament in a tie for 41st.

The UW will be back in action in three weeks at the Prestige, held in Palm Springs, California.

Reach Sports Editor Josh Kirshenbaum at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @J_Kirshenbaum