The No. 40 Washington women’s golf team continues its postseason at the 2017 NCAA Albuquerque Regionals. The Huskies will join a field of 17 other teams at the Championship Course for a 54-hole tournament beginning Monday.

Three of the teams playing at the University of New Mexico’s par-72, 6,411-yard course are some of the best in the nation and are seeded Nos. 1-3.

No. 1 Stanford enters as the top seed. Fellow Pac-12 team No. 6 USC follows, and No. 9 Duke rounds out the top three seeds. The UW edged out SMU, Denver, and New Mexico State for the No. 10 seed.

After three 18-hole rounds, the top six teams along with the top three individuals from non-advancing teams will continue their seasons at the national championships in Sugar Grove, Illinois on May 19-24.

The reigning national champions will be making their 10th consecutive regionals appearance, and have placed in the top three the past two seasons.

Although still underclassmen, sophomores Julianne Alvarez, Wenyung Keh, and Sarah Rhee gained valuable experience as they all had a part in earning the program’s first national title last year. They will be joined by freshmen Karen Miyamoto and Ellen Takada.

Washington will be paired with SMU and Campbell for the first round when they tee off from the 10th hole at 7:30 a.m.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez