Washington finishes Pac-12 Championships in eight place

• 0

The Washington men's golf team finished the third day of play in Eugene, Oregon at the Pac-12 Championships in eighth place at 44 over par.

The Huskies finished ninth on both the first and second days of the tournament but after improved play on the final day, helped them jump over Arizona for the eighth spot.

Individually, the Dawgs were led by sophomore Jan Schneider, who led the tournament with 18 birdies over the three days. Schneider finished 12th overall for one of his best finishes of the season, shooting 1-over for the tournament.

Fellow sophomore Noah Woolsey finished off the weekend strong with birdies on four of his final six holes. Woolsey’s strong end of the tournament helped propel him seven spots up from the previous day to 13th at 2-over.

Junior Henry Lee improved four spots with his 3-over fourth round to finish in 37th place.His improved finish was in part due to his three birdies over the final six holes of play. Junior Shamu Bodhidatta finished the tournament at +24, in a tie for 63rd.

Freshman Ranveer Grewal and Padraic Sim capped off their first year in the purple and gold with top 70-finishes. Grewal shot  19-over 294 for 57th place and Sim finished the tournament at +26, good for a tie for 66th.

Reach contributing writer Andrew LaChapelle at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @AndrewLaChapel1