After winning all four of its heats on Friday morning, the Washington men’s rowing team did the same on Saturday to reserve its spot in the grand finals on Sunday from Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J.

On Day 1, the Dawgs’ first varsity eight, second varsity eight, third varsity eight and varsity four boats all won their heats to advance to the semifinals. Their closest victory of the day came in the 3V8+ heat, with Washington (5:52.058) defeating Dartmouth (5:54.736) by just over two seconds.

With teams needing a top-two finish in order to advance, Washington and conference rival California were the only two schools to advance each boat to the semis. The top three finishers in each semifinal race advance to the grand final.

The Dawgs found themselves in another close one to start Day 2, edging out Brown by less than two seconds in the varsity 8+ semifinal, posting a time of 5:37.124 to Brown’s 5:38.879. Cal finished third with 5:39.057, rounding out the grand final qualifiers.

Cal (5:41.314) would bounce back in its second race of the morning, taking down the Huskies (5:44.128) in the 2V8+ by almost three seconds. With Washington finishing second, the two schools will both move on to tomorrow’s 2V8+ grand final. Princeton, Brown, Syracuse and Cornell finished third through sixth.

The 3V8+ race would see the Huskies and Golden Bears jockey for position yet again, this time ending with the Dawgs on top. They finished first with a time of 5:50.155, nearly three seconds faster than Cal (5:53.016). Princeton was able to squeak by Cal for second place, posting a time of 5:52.505 and securing their spot in the grand final.

The Pac-12 powerhouses battled it out one more time on the morning, facing off in the varsity fours semifinal. Once again the Huskies finished first, and once again it was by the slimmest of margins —  UW with a time of 6:26.013, Cal with 6:27.943.

The Dawgs will get started Sunday get started at 9:30 a.m. ET. The 3V8+ grand final is at 10:40 a.m., the 2V8+ at 11:00 and the first varsity eights wrapping things up at 12:05.

Reach contributing writer Jordan Duncan at sports@dailyuw.com Twitter: @JordanDuncan43