Huskies wrap up Pac-12 Championships in fifth place

• 0

The No. 21 Washington women’s golf team wrapped up the final afternoon of play at the Pac-12 Championships in Palos Verdes, Calif. with a fifth-place finish. The Huskies rebounded after  rough first and second days of play, to score their lowest round, finishing at 25-under par.

Senior Julianne Alvarez led the Huskies finishing tied for eighth at 4-over par. Alvarez birdied the second hole, and secured another birdie on the par-4 11th hole. The senior from New Zealand had her best performance of the week when it mattered on the final day of play, shooting  1-under 70, to secure her third top-10 finish of the season.

Junior Alice Duan finished in a tie for 14th, her fourth top-20 finish. Duan shot a an even par round of 70 to finish at 5-over, including a stretch on holes five through eight where she finished with birdies on three out of four holes. She finished the tournament with nine birdies over the three rounds of play.

Sophomore Rino Sasaki finished in a tie for 16th at +6, nabbing four birdies to shoot 1-under 70 in her final.

Seniors Wenyung Keh and Sarah Rhee finished their last ever Pac-12 Championship tournament with a pair of top-30 finishes. Keh shot 1-over par in her third round to finish in 26th, and Rhee tied for 30th with a 225 for the tournament.

No. 1 USC took scored an 851 to take home the Pac-12 title by 11 strokes.

The Huskies will await the announcement for NCAA regional selections on April 24th.

Reach contributing writer Andrew LaChapelle at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @AndrewLaChapel1