The No. 11 Washington gymnastics team’s postseason struggles continued as it placed fifth in the National Championship semifinal in St. Louis with a score of 196.250, giving the Huskies an 11th place finish. Tough NCAA judging worked again on them, and the meet was the end of not just the season, but a rough series of key competitions where the Huskies didn’t perform at the same level as they did mid-season.

No. 1 Oklahoma advanced to the Super Six with a 198.050, with No. 4 Florida and No. 5 Utah rounding out the final group. The Huskies ended up behind Cal’s 196.500, and ahead of Kentucky’s 196.0625 for the fifth place finish.

The Huskies started off on the floor, and that event was the highlight of their night with a team score of 49.2625. Senior Hailey Burleson lead the team with a 9.875, matching her Nationals high from last season. Sophomore Michaela Nelson was close behind her with a 9.8625.

Washington stumbled on the vault, scoring a 48.800. No UW gymnast scored a 9.800 or higher, which led to the rough score. It was the lowest team vault score in the meet, and was ultimately the Huskies’ downfall as they weren’t able to climb back in the next two rotations to make it into the top three. Following that, the UW had a chance to catch its breath and regroup with a bye.

The Dawgs came back a little after a bye with a slightly better performance, a 49.000 on the bars. Junior Monica Riley, as usual lead the team with a 9.850. That score, however, wasn’t what the Huskies needed to get back into the meet.

Washington’s beam rotation earned the team a 49.1875, led by senior Joslyn Goings, who scored a 9.875 to end a career as one of the top beam performers in Washington history. That ended the meet for the Huskies, who had a bye for the final rotation.

Burleson scored a 39.1875 on all-around, and Evanni Roberson also represented the Huskies in the all-around competition with a 39.1375.

Reach Managing Editor Hailey Robinson at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @haileyarobin