The Washington rowing team is set to continue its season this Saturday as it hosts the Husky Open on the Montlake Cut. The No. 1 ranked women’s crew will also face Washington State in Boeing’s annual Apple Cup Series.

The races begin at 8 a.m. with the junior women and men varsity eights. The Apple Cup races are scheduled to begin just after 9:00 a.m., beginning with the freshman eight.

Washington swept all six races against the No. 13 Cougars last spring on the Snake River, including a victory by more than 10 seconds in the varsity eight (6:45.83). They will seek to bring home the Apple Cup for the eighth consecutive year on Saturday.

The Washington men will battle Santa Clara and Gonzaga in varsity eight and second varsity eight races in the Husky Open. Santa Clara was scheduled to face UW in Las Vegas earlier this month, but those races were canceled due to strong winds.

Washington still performed well in Vegas before the day ended early, sweeping No. 8 Dartmouth in the first varsity eight (6:15.90), and second varsity eight (6:35.50).

The Santa Clara and Gonzaga races are scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m on Saturday.

The Husky Open features both masters and youth races. The 46 total races are expected to extend into the early afternoon. The latest version of the schedule can be found here.

Reach contributing writer Jordan Duncan at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @JordanDuncan43