The No. 31 Washington men’s golf team kicked off its postseason with what was scheduled to be a busy day for the 12-team field at the conference championships. The weather, however, did not allow the teams to finish day one of competition.

In the four-round three-day tournament at Boulder Country Club began Friday, but half the teams could not get through the entire 36 holes due to a 30 minute snow delay, and then a suspension due to darkness. Among the six teams that still have their second round to play is Washington.

The Huskies will enter the weekend in second place just three strokes behind the leaders, and have three golfers inside the top 10.

Sophomore Carl Yuan is tied for first at 2-under par and is joined in the top five with senior Corey Pereira, who is shooting 1-over and tied for fourth place. Freshman Henry Lee is in a two-way tie for eighth place (4-over). All three golfers have yet to finish the second round, so their scorecards have yet to be signed and made official.

Washington brought six men to the Rocky Mountains, and the remaining three were able to finish before play was stopped at 7:45 p.m.

Junior Frank Garber snuck inside to the top 20 despite carding a double bogey on his second to last hole. Garber’s 6-over 146 performance was aided by one birdie in the first round, and an eagle in the second.Freshman Daniel List is tied for 58th and senior Kevin Kwon is in sole possession of 70th place. There were four double bogeys and a quintuple bogey between the two.      

Once round two is completed Saturday morning, the golfers will be back on schedule and ready for the next 18 holes.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez