The No. 13 Washington women’s golf team moved to second place Saturday at the NCAA championships at Eugene Country Club in Eugene, Ore. The UW shot 2-under 285 for the second round and follow No. 2 USC, which was the only other team to shoot under par in day two.

The Huskies lead two Pac-12 rivals, No. 3 UCLA and No. 12 Stanford, which finished third and fourth place, respectively.

“Just like yesterday, I was so impressed with their demeanor out there on the course considering the setting with the stakes being so high,” head coach Mary Lou Mulflur told GoHuskies.com. “The way they’re playing is really smart and they’re being really patient. This is not a golf course that you can force things on and they’re not getting overly aggressive. They just seem to be respectful of the condition of the course and the speed of the greens and that takes maturity and discipline so it’s been really good to see.”

Senior Charlotte Thomas shot a 1-over 71 to move up 28 spots on the individual leaderboard, and now sits tied for 38th place. Thomas hopes to move into the top 10 in the third round, as she currently holds the most top-10 finishes in school history.

Freshman Julianne Alvarez, one of three underclassmen playing in the tournament, shot four birdies Saturday to finish 19th, overall, tying with senior Ying Luo.

Luo had an impressive second round, as she moved up fifty spots to claim the 19th on the individual leaderboard with a score of 4-under 68. Her second round finish marked the best score recorded by a Husky in the NCAA championships.

“Ying just has a determination that you don’t see very often in kids,” Mulflur told GoHuskies.com. “As soon as she made those two bogeys, you just knew she was going to respond and be just fine and that’s just who she is. She’s grown into that type of player and we couldn’t be more proud and impressed with how she’s been playing down the stretch.”

The UW will tee off with USC and UCLA at 8:30 a.m. Sunday. The top-15 finishers will advance to Monday’s stroke play, which will determine the field that is eligible for the national championship Tuesday.

Reach reporter Oliver Groeneveld at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @OliverGr_UW