The first tournament of the postseason is in the books for the reigning NCAA champions after the Washington women’s golf team played the final round of the Pac-12 Championships Wednesday at Sewailo Golf Club.

Joined by the 10 other conference teams, the Huskies faced tough conditions in Tempe, Ariz., as the first team to card under par was UCLA after completing round two. The Bruins were one of two teams to record under par rounds on the last day of play, and held the top spot on the leaderboard to take home the title.

Washington fared well in the tough field, but did drop a spot to finish in seventh place with a tournament score of 37-over 901. The UW rebounded from a first round that was filled with five double bogeys, a triple bogey, and one quadruple bogey to a second round in which one golfer carded under par. However, the third round was again a difficult one for the five-woman roster.

Sophomore Julianne Alvarez had the best performance in the early-week tournament, and snuck into the top 10 after shooting 1-over 73 to bring her three-round score to 5-over 221. Alvarez’s two-spot climb came after a near perfect scorecard, where only two bogeys and one birdie were carded.

The remaining Huskies all placed outside the top 20.

Fellow sophomore Wenyung Keh finished with a very colorful scorecard. She birdied five of nine holes before making the turn, but followed that performance with a less successful back nine. Keh finished her round shooting 12-over 48 over the last nine holes. She claimed a spot in the six-way tie for 22nd place (12-over 228) after it was all said and done.

Freshman Ellen Takada and sophomore Sarah Rhee finished tied for 33rd and 39th place, respectively. Takada got off to a good start in round one and finished just two strokes over par, but a 10-over 82 performance Tuesday pushed her down the leaderboard going into the final round. She was able to recover and finish with a tournament total of 15-over 231.

Rhee steadied out after her first-round performance and carded a score just a few strokes over par in the final 18 holes. She finished the front nine at even par, but followed with a back nine that had three bogeys with nothing to counter. Rhee shot 3-over 75 to move to 16-over 232 after three days of play.

Freshman Karen Miyamoto rounded out the roster tied for 44th place after another tough third round. Three double bogeys were spread across 11 holes and she finished 8-over 80. She fell 18 spots after the final round and ended 18-over 234.

Washington will return to Montlake to prepare for regionals on May 8.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez