The Washington golf teams continue competition with both the men and women starting the week off with a tournament.

Women’s golf team

The women will stay close to home as they compete in the Pat Lesser Harbottle Invitational in Tacoma. The Huskies have won the event for the last two years, and will take the par-72 6,086-yard course as the defending national champions.

The UW claimed the program’s first championship title at the end of last season. Returning from last year’s five-woman roster are sophomores Julianne Alvarez, Wenyung Keh, and Sarah Rhee.

Alvarez claimed the individual championship at the 2015 Pat Lesser Harbottle Invite, the first of her collegiate career.

Seattle U plays host for the two-day tournament and welcomes Pac-12 rivals WSU and Oregon State. The pool of 15 teams will begin with 36 holes Monday, and play the final 18 holes Tuesday.

Men’s golf team

The men’s team will travel to Fairfax, Calif., for the Alister Mackenzie Invitational beginning Monday.

The Huskies are coming off a 12th place finish at the Nike Collegiate after a weekend of play Oct. 2-4. Washington has been led by senior Corey Pereira, who up until last weekend led the Huskies in every tournament.

Pereira finished tied for 60th at the Nike Collegiate, carding 17-over 227, the highest finish of his collegiate career.

Joining Pereira are freshmen Henry Lee and Sam Warkentin, who has been consistent in his young career, and juniors Jordan Lu and Frank Garber.

The men will face a similar format, as they will play two rounds Monday, and the final round Tuesday.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez