The Washington women’s golf team showed a dominant performance at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational, leading in score two of the three days and winning first overall. Not far from home at the Sahalee Country Club in Sammamish, the team held on to win the tournament with a final score of 871.

The entire team played an important role in this win, with six golfers finishing in the top-20. With a score of 289-286-296 the Huskies finished just two shots ahead of Colorado to hold on to the top spot. 

Sophomore Karen Miyamoto led the team, shooting even on the 72-par course to finish in fourth. Just behind her was junior Julianne Alvarez who shot just 1-over and finished fifth overall. Freshman Rino Sasaki and junior Wenyung Keh also finished within the top-10, both tying for seventh place with a score of 4-over. Junior Sarah Rhee tied for 13th, finishing with a score of plus eight and senior Christina Wang tied for 19th with a score of plus 11. 

Sophomores Ellen Takada and EunWon Park finished in the top-30 and Wenyan Ma tied for 54th overall.

The 2016 National Championships may be in the Huskies’ minds as they head down to Carmel, California, to take on the team they beat to win it all two years ago in Stanford. Play begins next Monday and runs through Wednesday.

Reach contributing writer Elie Klasky-Gamer sports@dailyuw.com