After a layover of nearly three weeks, the Washington men’s crew returns to action this weekend with the IRA National Championships, beginning this Friday on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J.

The racing will begin at 8:00 a.m. with four varsity 8+ heats, followed by two lightweight men’s eights.

The Huskies will face off against Boston University, Syracuse, Navy, Temple and UC San Diego in the first varsity eight. 

The 2V8+ heats begin at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, with Washington racing against Pennsylvania, Ohio State, Syracuse and Dartmouth.  The 3V8+ heats start at 9:40 a.m. and the varsity fours at 10:30 a.m., although the Dawgs’ heat begins a bit later at 11:00 a.m.

Last year, the Huskies won all but one event at the IRAs, falling to Yale by roughly six hundredths of a second in the in the first varsity eight grand final.

Nonetheless, they came away with their 10th team championship in the past 11 years, a dominant streak that they will look to preserve this weekend.

The men come into the weekend after a strong finish the the spring season, with the V8+, 2V8+ and 3V8+ boats coming in first place in the last four regattas in which all crews competed.

Reach contributing writer Jordan Duncan at sports@dailtyuw.com. Twitter: @JordanDuncan43