Having just come together on campus earlier this week, the Washington men’s and women’s cross country teams will get right back into action Friday with the annual UW-Seattle Dual meet.

Washington and Seattle University have met up to open the season each of the past six years. The meet will give the UW’s runners a chance to find their pace and get back into the swing of things before the annual Sundodger Invitational on Sept. 16.

The UW women’s squad enters the year ranked No. 13 in the  U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association preseason poll. The Huskies are led by senior Amy-Eloise Neale, whose 2016 honors included a Pac-12 Championship and selections as an All-American and the West Region Athlete of the Year in Cross Country.

Seniors Izzi Batt-Doyle and Anna Maxwell, who earned All-American honors last year in track and field, are also back.

The Washington men received votes, but ended up just outside of the top-30 rankings. The Huskies return senior Fred Huxham, who made the 2016 NCAA National Championships as an individual runner, as well as three other decorated upperclassmen in seniors Colby Gilbert and Andrew Gardner and junior Mahmoud Moussa.

The meet will begin at Magnuson Park on Friday at 4 p.m.

Reach Sports Editor Josh Kirshenbaum at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @J_Kirshenbaum