After nearly a month off, the Washington women’s golf team sent six women to Louisiana to compete in the LSU Tiger Golf Classic. The three-day competition began Friday at The University Club — a par-72 6,247-yard course.

The No. 50 Huskies were the only Pac-12 team invited to Baton Rouge, La., and played alongside seven other ranked teams. Five women competed in the team competition and Washington also sent one golfer to play in the individual portion of the tournament.

The UW finished the weekend rounding out the top 10 after the team shot 39-over 903 over the three-day period. The Huskies dropped three spots from Saturday’s to Sunday’s round.

Sophomore Julianne Alvarez, Washington’s No. 3 golfer, led the Huskies after 72 holes and finished tied for 16th place (4-over 220).

The next-best Husky, fellow sophomore Wenyung Keh, ended the weekend in a five-way tie for 34th place. Freshman Karen Miyamoto placed just outside the top 50, finishing 15-over 231 to tie for 52nd place.

Sophomore Sarah Rhee and freshman Ellen Takada rounded out Washington’s roster, finishing tied for 64th and 70th place, respectively.

The UW will return to action Sunday in the Hawkeye El Tigre Invitational in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez