In weather much warmer than at home, the Washington women’s golf team earned its first top-five finish of the spring. The Huskies finished 50-over par to come in fifth out of 16 teams at the Bruin Wave Invitational in San Luis Obispo, California, going 308-306-300.

Junior Sarah Rhee finished atop the UW lineup, finishing sixth overall at 9-over 225. Freshman Rino Sasaki also finished in the top-10 individually, tying for ninth with a score of 11-over 227.

Sasaki, Washington’s No. 4, led the Huskies after the first round of play, shooting 3-over 75. Rhee was two shots behind her, sophomore Karen Miyamoto and junior Julianne Alvarez both shot 78s, and sophomore Eunwon Park brought up the rear at 85. 

Rhee bettered her score by two strokes in the second round, moving up to 3-over 75. Sasaki fell by a shot to 4-over 76. Miyamoto shot 5-over 77, and Alvarez stayed put at 78. Park rose up the rankings after going 8-over 80 to close out the first day.

After a day of play, Washington sat in fifth place, shooting 38-over 614 through 36 holes.

The Huskies shot their best round Tuesday, shooting 300 over the last 18. Rhee gained another two strokes off her second round score, finishing at 1-over 73. Miyamoto joined her, posting her best score by five strokes. Alvarez shot her third 78 of the tournament, and Park fell back to 85.

Miyamoto fell just short of the top-10, tying for 11th. Alvarez tied for 33rd, and Park finished in a tie for 78.

USC won the title, shooting a total 896 over three rounds. UCLA’s Lilia Vu won the individual crown at 1-under 215, the only player to shoot under par.

Washington is back in action next Monday and Tuesday in Fairfax, California, for the Bay Area Classic.

Reach Sports Editor Josh Kirshenbaum at sports@dailyuw.comTwitter: @J_Kirshenbaum