After competing in the tropics of Mexico and the deserts of Arizona, the Washington men’s golf team will take a trip to the Golden State to play in a three-day tournament hosted by conference rival No. 12 Stanford.

The Goodwin begins Thursday and will feature 54 holes of stroke play at the Stanford Golf Course in California. Among the six Pac-12 schools participating, the UW will also face No. 17 UNLV as one of the five ranked teams. The others include No. 1 USC, No. 10 Oregon, and No. 18 Colorado.

The host school has been known to dominate during the tournament, claiming 14 team victories along with 15 individual titles. Stanford currently holds the record for the most wins of any program in each of the two categories.

Adding to the already challenging field is returning champion Stanford senior Maverick McNealy. The Cardinal claimed the individual title after shooting 13-under 197.

The Huskies will hope to put up a fight as they are coming off back-to-back top-five finishes. In the Querencia Cabo Collegiate, senior Corey Pereira earned his fourth career individual title after finishing the three-day tournament 9-under 204. Washington left Mexico tied for third place, and two weeks later earned a fourth place finish led by sophomore Carl Yuan.

Yuan had one of his better performances in the UW’s most recent tournament. He ended the weekend in a tie for 12th place by carding six birdies in the final round. His back-to-back 4-under 67 performances helped him earn the only top-20 finish of the five-man roster.

The UW will need nearly spotless first rounds from its top performers to stay in contention entering the weekend.

The three rounds will begin with split tees, which allow groups to tee off at the same time from the first and 10th holes, resulting in quicker play. Washington will tee off at 12:26 p.m. from the 10th hole with BYU and UCLA.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez