Fresh off its third team victory of the season, the Washington men’s golf team is poised to keep its momentum in pursuit of making a run in the NCAA championships. The next challenge for the Huskies will be in Santa Cruz, Calif., at the Western Intercollegiate.

The UW came away with an 11-stroke victory at the Redhawk Invitational at Chambers Bay last week, claiming its first win of the spring season. Senior Jonathan Sanders earned the individual title for the Huskies, finishing at 8-over on the tournament to beat out TCU junior Giulio Castagnara by a single stroke for the top spot.

Sophomore Frank Garber and freshman Carl Yuan also finished in the top 10, each tying for fourth individually. Junior Corey Pereira earned himself another top-20 finish, tying for 13th at 17-over. Finishing two strokes back from Pereira was senior Chris Babcock, tying for 19th at the Redhawk Invitational.

The Huskies came into the 2015 Western Intercollegiate ranked No. 8 in the nation. Facing tough conditions, the UW came in fifth in the team standings as Texas ran away with the victory.

The best individual finish at last year’s tournament for the UW came from Pereira, placing in the top 10 with his 1-under 209 tournament score. Pereira will be expected to lead the way once again for the Huskies in Santa Cruz.

The UW enters the tournament ranked No. 25 in the nation according to Golfstat.

The Huskies will face a stacked field, competing against No. 1 USC, No. 7 Arizona State, No. 9 Stanford, No. 15 California, and No. 21 San Diego State, in addition to host San Jose State.

The three-day, 54-hole Western Intercollegiate will begin with the first round Monday morning, followed by the second and third rounds Tuesday and Wednesday. The tournament will be played at the par-70 Pasatiempo Golf Course.

Reach reporter Cody Tyo at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @codytyo