On the weekend of the greatest tournament on the PGA Tour, the nation’s top collegiate men’s golf teams gathered for a competition of their own. No. 33 Washington joined three top-10 teams and a number of other ranked opponents at the 71st Annual Western Intercollegiate.

The two-day, 36-18 round tournament featured No. 1 USC, No. 7 Stanford, and No. 9 Oregon. Coincidentally, all three top-10 teams finished first, second, and third after the weekend of play at Pasatiempo Golf Club in Santa Cruz, Calif.

Washington was in contention for a top-three finish but dropped two places on the leaderboard to claim a fifth-place finish (29-over 1079), a performance that was highlighted by a hole-in-one from freshman Daniel List. The Trojans were the only team to finish even par on the difficult par-70, 6,615-yard course.

No golfer on the UW’s five-man roster finished inside the top 10 on the individual leaderboard. However, freshman Henry Lee was the closest as he finished tied for 11th after shooting 3-over 213. He was one stroke shy of joining the tie for eighth place, and his final round is to blame.

Lee started off strong and was one of three Huskies to shoot even-par through round one. He followed that performance with five birdies to card 2-under 68 after the next 18. On Sunday, he was unable to match his performance over the first day of competition and his scorecard was tarnished with six bogeys and a lone birdie.

List had the next best finish, tying for 21st place (5-over 215). He shot a steady 1-over 71 the first two rounds, but it was his third round were the most magic would happen. Despite carding four bogeys and a double bogey on the back nine, he recorded his first collegiate hole-in-one on the par-3 eighth hole — with the help of his 6-iron.

Junior Frank Garber and senior Corey Pereira would be the only other Huskies to finish inside the top 50. Out of their six combined rounds, there were only two even-par or better outings between the two; and it was after the first 18 holes recorded on Garber’s scorecard and again on Pereira’s final round.

Garber matched birdie for bogey in his first round to come out of the long day of play Saturday unscathed, while Pereira saved his best round for last and carded a 1-under 69, thanks to nine birdies. Garber ended the tournament in a five-way tie for 30th place (7-over 217) and Pereira ended his weekend two strokes back in a tie for 39th place (9-over 219).

Senior Kevin Kwon and sophomore Carl Yuan finished tied for 57th and 60th place, respectively. Kwon did well in round one — recording the third even-par performance for the team — but steadily declined over the next two rounds, capping it off with a quadruple bogey and a triple bogey on the par-4 16th and par-3 18th holes, respectively. Yuan made huge strides after a tough first round (7-over 77) and shot even-par on the next 18 holes played. But he again shot 7-over 77 Sunday after seven bogeys and one double bogey stained his scorecard.

The weekend wrapped up Washington’s regular season, and the team will now prepare for the Pac-12 championships beginning April 28 in Boulder, Colo.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.comTwitter: @almansanarez