The reigning NCAA Women’s Golf Champions opened its season today, traveling south to Tacoma Golf & Country Club for the Pat Lesser Harbottle Invitational. The Washington women’s golf team returns three members of its championship team.

Sophomores Julianne Alvarez, Wenyung Keh, and Sarah Rhee are joined by fellow sophomore Clementina Rodriguez and freshman Ellen Takada to make up the five-woman roster. Also competing in the individual tournament are freshmen Eunwon Park and Esther Yin and junior Christine Wang.

Round one:

The women opened the first nine holes sitting in third place at 1-over 36, but quickly moved up the leaderboard to tie for second place with WSU on the turn.

Alvarez made up for the two bogeys she carded on the front nine with six pars and three birdies, all within the final four holes, to finish 1-under 71. She recorded the UW’s best first round score with Takada close behind carding even par.

Takada began her collegiate career shooting 1-under 34 in the first nine holes. She offset a bogey on the 7th hole with two birdies on the front nine. Takada finished the first round carding two additional bogeys and a birdie to finish day one at even par (72).

Rhee was hoping to make up for a double bogey on the front nine with a clean scorecard to finish round one but a bogey on the 17th hole, and two more in the front nine, overshadowed her three birdies. She would end the first round 2-over 74.

Both Keh and Rodriguez matched Rhee’s final score. Keh was steady through the first nine holes as a birdie on three evened out by a bogey on the next hole. It was her two bogeys in the back nine put her at 2-over 74 going into round two

Rodriguez carded three pars on the front nine, add in the third birdies, two bogeys, and one double bogey and she finished 2-over 37 before the turn. The lone bogey on the back nine put her at 2-over 74.

In the individual tournament, Yin carded 5-over 77, the best of the three Huskies competing. Wang finished round one 9-over 81 and Park rounded out Washington’s lineup shooting 12-over 84.

Round two:

The Huskies finished the day claiming the top spot on the leaderboard at 13-over 589, besting Pac-12 rivals Oregon State and WSU.

Alvarez finished the day in third place at even par 144. She finished her second round 1-over 73 after making up for five bogeys on the front nine with three birdies on holes 11, 13, and 15.

Rhee ended the first two rounds just two strokes shy of a top-five finish. Her second round started with a bogey, birdie, and double bogey on the first three holes, respectively. Three additional birdies and two bogeys put Rhee at 1-over 73 for the second round.

She would finish 3-over 147 to tie for eighth place.

Takada also claims a spot in the tie for eighth after shooting 3-over 75 in the second round. She maintained her composure despite carding four bogeys and ended with a birdie on the 16th hole.

Rodriguez added two strokes to her total after shooting 5-over 77 in the second round. Without carding anything below par, her lone double bogey and three bogeys put her in a tie for 16th place at 7-over 151.

Keh’s second round was not as successful as her first. She rounded out the roster finishing 6-over 78 after carding two double bogeys, four bogeys, and only two birdies. She sits one stroke back from Rodriguez at 8-over 152.

In the individual tournament, all three Huskies improved on their first round scores. Yin shot 1-over 82 to end the two rounds in 56th place at even par 152. Park carded 3-over 77 good for a spot in the seven-way tie for 62nd place at 17-over 161 with Wang, who finished the second round 8-over 80.

The UW will play its final round Tuesday morning.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez