The No. 42 Washington women’s golf team moved up the leaderboard after the second round of the Pac-12 championships.

Conditions remained unfavorable, as harsh wind continued at Sewailo Golf Club in Tuscon, Ariz. The round-one conditions didn’t allow any team to reach under par, but today, No. 3 UCLA managed to break that feat. The Bruins shot 3-under par as a team Tuesday to move 1-under to keep a hold on first place.

The only other team that held its first round position was No. 21 Colorado. Among those who moved up and down the leaderboard were the Huskies, who jumped one spot to sixth place after carding 4-over 292.      

Sophomore Julianne Alvarez led the pack and moved into a tie for 11th place. Alvarez had a much better start than Monday, opening the split-tee start with a birdie on the par-5 10th hole. She recorded two more birdies and only one bogey to finish 2-under 70, the third best performance on the day.

Fellow sophomore Wenyung Keh also moved into the top 15, but her position on the individual leaderboard dropped eight spots since round one. She gained a stroke after the second round and carded 3-over 75. Despite her adding a stroke to her tournament total, Keh did have a stronger front nine and recorded three birdies.

The remaining Huskies on the five-woman roster all moved up the leaderboard and finished inside the top 40.

Freshman Karen Miyamoto had a tough first day and ended 9-over 81 after a triple bogey plagued her back nine. Miyamoto did not card anything higher than a bogey, and finished 1-over 73 to move into a tie for 26th place.

Both of Washington’s No. 4 and No. 5 golfers finished tied for 39th place. Freshman Ellen Takada and sophomore Sarah Rhee essentially traded round one and two’s scorecards to finish the second day at the same place.

Takada opened shooting 3-over 75, but followed up with a round at 10-over 82. Rhee ended the first day 11-over 83 but managed to move 11 spots up the leaderboard after finishing 2-over 74.

Washington hopes to carry its momentum into the final round, where it will now be paired with Arizona State and tee off at 8 a.m. from the first hole.

Reach reporter Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez