In a truly historic and momentous day for the Washington women’s crew team, the Huskies, as the No. 1 overall seed in all three scoring boats, delivered and swept all three races to take home a team national championship.

This marks the first time in NCAA women’s rowing history that a team has swept all three of its scoring races throughout the weekend.

This also marks the Pac-12’s 500th national championship, making it the first conference to reach the mark.

As for the races of the day, Washington got going with an open water victory in the women’s varsity four, winning with a time of 7:07.103, roughly four seconds better than Cal (7:11.706) and over nine seconds better than third place Ohio State (7:16.473).

The women’s varsity four is one of two boats this year in Division I NCAA rowing that finished undefeated on the year. The other one, is Washington’s second varsity eight.

Speaking of the Huskies’ second varsity eight, they also won in dominating fashion, scoring a time of 6:47.268, beating out the nearest competition, Cal (6:53.313), by six seconds. Michigan would end up finishing third (6:55.135).

Finally, in the final race of the day, Washington’s top boat finished off the day with a lead from start to finish in the first varsity eight Grand Final. They crossed the finish line with an impressive time of 6:36.939, just about two seconds ahead of head coach Yasmin Farooq’s old school, Stanford (6:38.520) and four seconds ahead of California (6:40.069).

After all was said and done, the Huskies nabbed their fourth national championship overall, and their first national title since 2001.

"I was just so impressed by how every single person on this team stepped up from the first day," Farooq told GoHuskies.com. "They really, really did. Today they showed what great teammates do for one another. We always viewed it as a team championship where every person mattered."

It is clear that Farooq, UW’s first-year head coach, was a key element to Washington’s first national title in over 15 years, and with these pieces in place, the Huskies will look to be competing for a very long time to come.

Reach reporter Alec Dietz at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @AlecCDietz