The Washington golf team finished day one at the William H. Tucker Invitational in seventh place, shooting 13-over 589 in the two rounds of play Friday. The Huskies were joined by 15 other teams, three of which are from the Pac-12: Colorado, Arizona, and Washington State.

The UW was led by the same five-man roster that opened up its season, seniors Kevin Kwon and Corey Pereira, junior Frank Garber, and freshmen Henry Lee and Sam Warkentin.

Pereira sits on top of the Huskies’ lineup tied for 5th place after carding an even par 72 in round one, and a 1-under 72 later in the afternoon. He sits at 1-under 143 going into Saturday’s final round.

Warkentin continues his collegiate debut claiming a spot in the five-way tie for 23rd place, finishing two rounds at 5-over 148. Garber and Lee are just outside the top 25, and tied for 28th place, both carding 5-over 149. Kwon rounds out the UW’s roster tied for 81st at 13-over 157.

Competition will continue Saturday morning.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez