With classes, all wrapped up the Washington men’s tennis team (8-7) is about to embark on the first road trip of the season down to San Diego to face off against the No. 48 Toreros from the University of San Diego (6-6) and the Aztecs of San Diego State (2-12).

Just like other students around campus, the tennis team is relieved to be done with the quarter and not have to stress about school for the next week.

“The guys have some extra positive energy when they know they are done with their final exams,” head coach Matt Anger said. “It is nice to be out playing tennis and know that you don’t have homework to do.”

The team is fortunate to be spending part of their spring break down in San Diego, but unlike many other spring breakers down south, the focus of the trip is all business.

I think the guys are looking forward to it, I think they know that we are close,” Anger said. “When you’re the hunter as we are, hunting down opponents to get wins, we can’t wait until we have our next opponent out there. Our job is to go out there and hunt them down.”

The upcoming non-conference opponents will be the last tune-up before the Huskies are fully engaged with Pac-12 play the rest of the year. The Huskies get a very tough challenge against San Diego and a potential scare against San Diego State.

San Diego has faced a grueling schedule this season, playing as many ranked teams as unranked. The Toreros fared decently with wins over then-No. 10 TCU and a sweep over then-No. 46 Utah State. This upcoming match will be USD’s third Pac-12 match of the season; it lost its previous two to Arizona State and USC, respectively.

The Aztecs have struggled a bit more this season, but last month pulled off a big upset on the road over San Diego for one of their two wins, and are capable of playing with anybody if they get going.

Reach reporter Kyle Gehler at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @KyleGehler