The Washington women’s tennis team was knocked out of the Pac-12 tournament after losing 4-2 to Stanford.

This is the second consecutive meeting between the Huskies (13-13. 2-6 Pac-12) and the Cardinal (21-2, 7-1 Pac-12). Last week the two teams met at Palo Alto, where the UW fell 4-0.

Things looked like they would follow a similar script early on as Stanford dominated the doubles point. Juniors Kawika Lam and Enzo Sommer lost 6-3, as did the pairing of junior Piers Foley and senior Jake Douglas. The Huskies were trailing 5-2 when Stanford clinched the opening point.

The Huskies had success at the top of the lineup once singles got underway. Seniors No. 65 Douglas and No. 78 Mitch Stewart had strong showings in what was likely their final match in purple and gold. Douglas came out very strong in winning a quick 6-2 first set. He was able to sustain that energy to close out a 6-2 second set and pick up an impressive win over No. 9 Tom Fawcett. The two battled in their last match as Douglas was up a set when the match was called.

Stewart was tested in a difficult first set, but he was able to come out victorious 6-4. He carried that momentum into the second set and breezed to a 6-1 win to give Washington a 2-1 on the afternoon.

Stanford had the edge as the match continued down the lineup. Freshman Jack Davis and Foley had nearly identical matches. The freshman was able to pick up a game in the opening set but fell 6-1, while Foley lost 6-0 to open up his singles match. Both players turned things around in the second set, but ultimately they each lost 7-6 within moments of each other to give Stanford the lead once again.

The Cardinal wrapped things up as freshman Alexis Alvarez fell in a hard-fought 7-5, 6-3 match.

The Huskies were ina battle on court 3 as Sommer dropped the first set 6-4 before bouncing back and taking the second set 6-3. He was tied at 3-3 when the match was called.

The Huskies will see if their season will continue on May 1 with the selection show starting at 2:30 p.m. on NCAA.com.

Reach reporter Kyle Gehler at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @KyleGehler