At the finale of the Pac-12 championships Sunday, the No. 24 Washington men’s golf team overtook No. 2 USC to finish fourth place in the team standings. The Huskies posted a 13-over 368 team score in their fourth and final round of the weekend at The Country Club in Salt Lake City.

“It was a good week for us,” head coach Matt Thurmond said. “There are 12 teams that have prepared a long time for this week.”

No. 4 Stanford won the conference title by a dominant 29 strokes over second place No. 13 California. Arizona State’s John Rahm posted a 3-under 68 fourth round score to secure a four-stroke individual victory.

The top UW golfer on the individual leaderboard was junior Corey Pereira. Pereira shot 2-over 73 Sunday to earn a finish in a tie for ninth place.

Freshman Carl Yuan capped off his impressive first season with the UW, recording an even-par 71 fourth round Sunday. Yuan’s two birdies over the back nine helped him pull to 14th individually.

In the last Pac-12 championships of his career, senior Jonathan Sanders overcame two early double bogeys to finish 4-over 75 on the day. Birdies on the 16th and 17th holes allowed the veteran to hang on to end tied for 28th individually.

Senior Chris Babcock matched Sanders’ 4-over 75 fourth round. Babcock ended the tournament in a tie for 32nd overall. Six spots back was sophomore Frank Garber, who shot 3-over 74 with three birdies on the back nine.

Rounding out the UW lineup was sophomore Jordan Lu, posting a 7-over 78 fourth round score to end the tournament in a tie for 62nd.

“We weren’t good enough to win,” Thurmond said. “To do that takes amazing play and we weren’t quite there, but we competed really hard and prepared well, and fourth is nothing to be ashamed of.”

The UW bested No. 2 USC by five strokes to make the top five and finished just four strokes back from Arizona State. The Huskies will wait for a selection to the NCAA regionals, which begin Friday.

Reach reporter Cody Tyo at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @codytyo