After dominating in its first meet of the season, the Washington cross country team will host the Sundodger Invitational at Lincoln Park on Saturday.

In last year’s invitational, the women’s team finished in first place by a large margin after the top four UW runners placed second through fifth. The Huskies will hope to repeat their success this weekend, and win the meet for the 10th consecutive year.

The men’s team, who took second to Washington State last year despite a first place finish from alumnus Izaic Yorks, will hope to improve to a first place finish in order to prevent WSU from winning the race for three straight years.

During their week off after the Seattle U Open on Sept. 2, the Huskies retreated to a team camp for some training and team building, and have returned this week ready to compete.

The UW will face a number of teams at the invitational, including University of Hawaii, Seattle U, Portland State, and Fresno State. Washington State will be the only other Pac-12 team participating.

The meet will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday. The Women’s 6,000-meter Invitational Race will take place at 11 a.m., followed by the Men’s 8,000-meter Invitational Race beginning at 11:35 a.m.

Reach reporter Carly Knight at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @carlyfries83