The Washington men’s golf team was just a stroke shy of its second top-five tournament finish after Tuesday’s final round. The Huskies traveled down the coast to Fairfax, Calif., for the three-round two-day Alister MacKenzie Invitational.

The UW bounced around the leaderboard until it finished in a two-way tie for sixth place with San Diego State.

The 15-team field featured three Pac-12 rivals, Arizona State, Oregon State, and Cal. The Wildcats topped the leaderboard, shooting 31-under 821 over the three rounds. The Beavers finished second (25-under 827) and the Golden Bears rounded out the conference teams in a tie for eighth place (17-under 835).

After shooting a career-low opening round Monday (7-under 64), senior Corey Pereira continued to lead the Huskies by matching his second round score of 1-under par 70 in the final day of competition. He was close to recording the next lowest score of the tournament, but three bogeys offset three of his four birdies.

Pereira finished in a two-way tie for 10th place, finishing the invite at 9-under 204.

Both junior Frank Garber and freshman Sam Warkentin were one stroke shy of placing inside the top 15. The two would tie for 16th place at 6-under 207 after mirroring one another’s first round score. Garber carded 4-under 67 on Tuesday, and Warkentin finished 2-under 69.

Junior Jordan Lu followed his tournament-low round of 3-under 68 just one stroke over par as his lone bogey on the front nine was matched with another on 14. Lu carded 1-over 72 in the third round, good for a spot in the eight-way tie for 40th place at even par 213.

Freshman Henry Lee carded Washington’s lone eagle on the par-4 second hole. He followed his 1-under 34 front nine with two more bogeys and one double bogey to finish 2-over 73. Lee rounded out the roster in a tie for 54th place at 3-over 216.

The UW will continue play on Nov. 7 in Napa, Calif., at the Gifford Collegiate.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez