Following a solid sixth-place finish at the Western Intercollegiate just over two weeks ago, the Washington men’s golf team is geared up to play in the conference championships at The Country Club in Salt Lake City. The Huskies earned a fifth-place finish at the 2015 Pac-12 championships, paving the way to their selection for the NCAA regionals.

The Huskies come into the weekend after a strong showing in Santa Cruz, Calif., for the Western Intercollegiate, ending the tournament at 4-over 354. Junior Corey Pereira led the UW throughout the tournament and finished 3-under 207 after 54 holes. Pereira was the top finisher for the Huskies at third on the individual leaderboard.

The UW also saw strong play from freshman Carl Yuan, whose 1-under 69 final round earned him a top-20 individual finish. Sophomore Frank Garber and senior Chris Babcock each finished in the top 30 for the UW.

The entire lineup of Huskies will need to bring their best in Salt Lake City to give the UW a chance at taking the Pac-12 championships. Defending champion Stanford comes into the weekend as the highest ranked in the conference at No. 4.

Stanford junior Maverick McNealy is No. 1 in the nation and has won four individual titles for the Cardinal this season, entering the tournament as the favorite to take home the individual conference title.

No. 2 USC, No. 10 Arizona State, No. 13 California, and No. 24 UW round out the top-25 ranked teams in the conference. Stanford won last year’s Pac-12 title handily, topping Oregon by 14 strokes, with McNealy taking the individual championships by a dominant 10 strokes.

The Huskies will need a competitive showing at the tournament this year in order to line themselves up for a selection to the NCAA regionals. The UW comes into the weekend as the sixth ranked team in the conference, with three team wins on the year in addition to three other top-four team finishes.

Play at the par-72 Country Club begins Friday. The second and third rounds will be played Saturday and Sunday, respectively. The UW will be paired with Washington State and Oregon for Friday’s 18 holes, and Jordan Lu will be the first to tee off for the UW at 7:30 a.m.

Reach reporter Cody Tyo at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @codytyo