Against seven of the nation’s top-20 schools, the Washington women’s golf team had a rough outing Sunday in the first round of the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge.

The Huskies finished 22-over 306 after 18 holes plagued with five double bogeys and one triple bogey. Washington was the only school to shot 20 or more over par, and currently sits in last place on the leaderboard.

Catching up to first-place UCLA at 4-under 280 will be near impossible, but the UW will have a chance to reach the top 10 to join Pac-12 rivals California (13-over 297), Arizona and Arizona State (9-over 293), and USC (1-over 285).

Leading the charge on the first of a three-day tournament at Palos Verdes Golf Club were sophomores Julianne Alvarez and Wenyung Keh. Two of the three returning golfers from last season’s national championship team, Alvarez and Keh finished with only a few marks on their scorecards.

Alvarez shot 3-over 74 after going spotless for almost a whole round. It wasn’t until the 13th hole when she got into trouble and recorded a bogey on the par-4 hole. Alvarez went on to record two more before her round was over and currently sits tied for 34th place.

Keh started her round with a bogey on the first hole, but quickly rebounded with a birdie on the par-3 second hole. Two bogeys and one double bogey later, she finished the first 18 holes 4-over 75 and in a 13-way tie for 43rd place.

The remaining three Huskies on the five-woman roster struggled to get anything going, as all placed over the top 70. Junior Christina Wang shot 7-over 78 to finish tied for 73rd place. Wang’s two double bogeys on the front nine were slightly offset by a birdie on the par-5 seventh hole and another on the par-3 15th hole.

Freshman Karen Miyamoto recorded a triple bogey before the turn and was able to recover with two birdies on the 10th and 12th holes. She ended her round 8-over 79 in a tie for 83rd place.

Sophomore Sarah Rhee rounded out team play finishing in a tie for 86th place after carding 11-over 82. After five bogeys in the first six holes, Rhee steadied out with six consecutive pars until she got to the 13th hole, where she would record one of two double bogeys.

Freshman Eun Won Park is competing in the individual portion of tournament, and after her first round she sits tied with Wang for 73rd place at 7-over 78.

Washington will begin its second round at 10:12 a.m. Monday, teeing off with San Diego State and Northwestern.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez