The spring season for men’s and women’s rowing has officially begun, and that means more early domination from the UW and its crews.

While it was earlier than usual, the Dawgs took down all opposing boats, in a day that was cut short again due to the weather.

In the fall, the Huskies couldn’t complete the Head of the Lake regatta due to weather conditions, and again, on Lake Las Vegas this time, the wind made it too hard to complete the men’s teams races against Santa Clara in the afternoon.

However, the Huskies were able to complete a few sweeps before the regatta was called off.

The women swept all three of their races against USC, with open water wins in the first varsity eight (7:25.30), second varsity eight (5:50.10, shortened to 1,500 meters due to wind), and the varsity four (6:47.50, shortened to 1,500 meters due to wind).

The men, taking on Dartmouth in the morning, when the conditions were still fairly rowable, swept the Big Green in both the first varsity eight (6:15.90), and in the second varsity eight (6:35.50).

Both were open water victories for the Dawgs, and it capped off another stellar day of crew action before the weather intervened yet again.

The Washington men were originally slated to also take on crews from Santa Clara, but after several postponements and even an attempt to move the race up so that they could fit it in, the coaches decided to call it off.

Next up for both crews is the annual Class Day regatta on March 24 on Montlake Cut, in probably the most competitive intersquad meet in the U.S. 

Reach reporter Alec Dietz at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @AlecCDietz