The Washington women’s tennis team’s run in the Pac-12 tournament came to a screeching halt with a 4-0 loss to Stanford.

The performance comes as a bit of a surprise as the Huskies (16-11, 5-5 Pac-12) came into this match winner of five of their past seven matches. One of those previous losses came against the Cardinal (16-3, 9-0 Pac-12) by a score of 4-2 at the Nordstrom Tennis Center less than two weeks ago.

The Huskies limped out of the gate early on. Stanford took charge of the doubles point from the start. Seniors Angela Li and Alexis Prokopuik lost a 6-1 match. The pairing of junior Stacey Fung and sophomore Katarina Kopcalichad the same fate as they lost by the same score. The one positive note from the doubles performance was that the No. 28 duo of freshman Vanessa Wong and senior Miki Kobayashi had a 4-3 lead over No. 2 Emily Arbuthnott and Michaela Gordon when the doubles point was clinched.

In singles, Stanford was just too much to overcome. The Cardinal had all six singles players ranked in the top 110, as opposed to the two for Washington. One of those ranked players for Washington was No. 50 Wong. After battling to a thrilling three-set victory the last time these two teams met, Wong lost a surprisingly quick 6-1, 6-1 match to No. 68 Melissa Lord

Li and Kobayashi both struggled in potentially their last match as Huskies. Li lost a quick 6-2, 6-1 match. Meanwhile, Kobayashi fell 6-4, 6-3 to No. 94 Caroline Lampi after sweeping Lampi 6-1, 6-1 the last time the two matched up.

Fellow senior Prokopuik had a bit better of an afternoon. She took the first set 6-1 but struggled to a 6-2 loss in the second set. She was down a game early in the final set when the match wrapped up.

A top-20 matchup pitted No. 15 Fung against No. 16 Gordon. Fung struggled early, but she was able to come back and take the first set 7-5. She was trailing 2-1 early in the second set when the match was called.

The Huskies fate is now up in the air as they wait and see if they did enough to get off the bubble and into the NCAA tournament. The selection show will take place at 2 p.m. on May 1.

Reach reporter Kyle Gehler at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @KyleGehler