The No. 8 Washington gymnastics team placed fourth at the Pac-12 Gymnastics Championships with a 196.750  performance that, while still strong, wasn’t quite as high as the standard of success the team placed on itself with several stronger performances earlier in the season. The fourth-place finish fell short of topping last year’s mark at the conference championships, where the Huskies tied this year’s champions, No. 3 UCLA, for third.

The strongest individual performance was senior Joslyn Goings’ 9.900 on vault, the highest vault score of the season and a career best. Vault has been an event where the Huskies have tended toward their lowest scores, but Goings — who finished in a six-way tie for third — and senior Hailey Burleson’s 9.875 made the Huskies vault rotation one of their strongest of the season.

Beam, as usual, was Washington’s strongest event of the night. The team closed out the competition there with a 49.250, Goings and Burleson once again leading the team with tied 9.875s.

Floor, where the Huskies began their night, didn’t yield a score quite as high as they have been achieving in the recent weeks. While the 49.175 wasn’t a bad score, the team couldn’t quite nail down the small details that result in higher scores. This was a trend on all four events — while each individual score was fairly strong, small deductions added up to cost the Huskies.

On bars, junior Monica Riley once again took the lead for the Huskies with a 9.875. She tied for fifth place with Cal’s Emi Watterson in a stacked bars field.

With five of the conference’s eight teams currently ranked in the top-12 in the nation, the Pac-12 Championships were a taste of who the Huskies will meet if they qualify for the National Championship at Regionals in two weeks.

The city where the Huskies travel for regionals will be officially determined Monday at 4 p.m. on NCAA.com.

Reach Managing Editor Hailey Robinson at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @haileyarobin