The Washington cross country team had a mixed day in Madison Friday, participating in the ninth-annual Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational presented by Under Armor.

The women’s team, ranked No. 11 in the nation, finished in tied with No. 21 Furman in sixth place but lost a tiebreaker, putting them in seventh.

Senior Amy-Eloise Neale had the fastest time for the Huskies, 20:06.2, and ended up in 14th place. This is the seventh race in a row where she has been Washington’s first finisher. Senior Izzi Batt-Doyle crossed the line just under half a minute later in 43rd before Sophomore Kaitlyn Neal finished eight seconds after Batt-Doyle in 50th.

The unranked men's team finished in 14th, ahead of eight ranked teams. Senior Andrew Gardner finishing the highest in 37th place with a time of 24:13.8. Sophomore Andy Snyder ended up in 91st after completing the course in 24:39.5. Senior Johnathan Stevens finished five seconds behind Snyder with Senior Colby Gilbert right behind Stevens in 99th and 100th respectively.

New Mexico Sophomore Ednah Kurgat won the women’s race, with a time of 19:22.8, a full 16 seconds in front of the closest contender. This helped lead No. 3 New Mexico to a team win. No. 6 San Francisco finished second, in front of No. 7 North Carolina State in third.

For the men, Syracuse Senior Justyn Knight won the men’s race with a time of 23:38.5, but No. 1 Northern Arizona won the team title after having three finishers in the top five. An incredible day for No. 25 Portland earned it a team second place while No. 4 Stanford rounded out the top three men’s teams.

The next race for the Huskies will be the Pac-12 Championships on Friday, October 27, in Springfield, Oregon.

Reach Contributing Writer Andy Yamashita at sports@dailyuw.com Twitter:@ANYamashita