The Washington men’s golf team saved the best for last, finishing the final round of the William H. Tucker Invitational with its best score of the weekend. The 2-over 290 team total bumped the Huskies to a fourth place finish.

The UW made up some ground after the first two rounds Friday when the Huskies ended the day in seventh place. Senior Corey Pereira led the five-man roster for the second consecutive day, shooting 1-under 71 at the University of New Mexico’s Championship Course in the final round.

Pereira opened with a birdie on the first hole, and after carding two bogeys before the turn, the Cameron Park, Calif., native made up for it shooting three birdies in the final nine holes to finish tied for third at 2-under 214.

Freshman Sam Warkentin carded an even par Saturday to finish tied for 14th place. Warkentin’s scorecard was nearly spotless, as he recorded only two bogeys on the day which brought his total score to 4-over 220.

Junior Frank Garber, freshman Henry Lee, and senior Kevin Kwon made moves on the final day, as Garber jumped nine spots on the leaderboard to finish tied for 19th place totaling 5-over 221.

Lee moved the opposite way and dropped three places to claim a spot in the three-way tie for 31st, at 8-over 224. Kwon rounded out the UW’s roster for the second day, finishing 20-over 236.

The UW will take the course again a week from Sunday, when the Huskies travel to Fort Worth, Texas for the Nike Collegiate tournament.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez