Win over Boise State makes it an undefeated weekend for Beach Dawgs

• 0

The Washington beach volleyball team beat Boise State 4-1 at a tournament in Fisherman’s Bar Park in Vancouver to complete a perfect weekend.

In the No. 1 spot for the Huskies (3-3) was filled by seniors Destiny Julye and Kristen Gengenbacher who won handedly 21-17, 21-17 against the Broncos’ Janell Walley and Kendra Bodine.

Kara Bajema and Shayne McPherson dropped their first set to the Broncos in the No. 2 spot but came back to dominate in Set 2, winning 21-7 before taking the final set 15-10.

At the No. 3 position for the Dawgs, senior Cat McCoy and sophomore Avie Niece teamed up for the first time this season. They controlled both sets, winning 21-19, 21-17.

Sophomore Samantha Drechsel and freshman Kyra Peterson were in a close fight in the No. 4 spot against Boise State's Jensen Allen and Kiley Lewis, losing the first set 21-16, then winning the second set in extra points 23-21 and finally completing the match winning 15-11 in the third set.

The Broncos got their only point at the No. 5 spot, defeating Emma Calle and Lauren Sanders 21-16, 21-18.

The UW gets a week off before heading to Long Beach California for four matches March 23 and 24.

Reach reporter Madison MacPhee at sports@dailyuw.com . Twitter: @madison_macphee