The Washington men’s golf team traveled south to Fort Worth for the Nike Golf Collegiate Invitational, a three-day tournament that began Sunday and concluded Tuesday afternoon with the Huskies claiming 12th place overall at 38-over 878.

The Huskies finished the first day of competition tied for 10th place, led by junior Frank Garber and freshman Henry Lee, who both shot 2-under 70 in the first 18 holes. Garber would continue to card Washington’s lowest rounds of the tournament, 1-under 69 on day two and 2-over 74 on the final day.

Lee finished tied for 50th place after finishing 13-over 223. The British Columbia native shot over par in the final two rounds, 2-over 74 and 7-over 79, respectively.

Senior Corey Pereira didn’t have his typical start, finishing 4-over 74 Sunday. Pereira would go on to card two more over par rounds, 3-over 75 on Tuesday and 8-over 78 Wednesday, to finish tied for 60th place, the highest finish of his collegiate career.

Freshman Sam Warkentin had the second best finish for the Huskies, claiming a spot in the two-way tie for 48th place at 12-over 222. Warkentin’s best round came at the start of the tournament when he carded even-par, but his round of 72 was followed by two rounds of 3-over 75.

Junior Jordan Lu came close to carding the UW’s lowest round of the tournament after carding 1-under 71 on Monday. Lu’s low round was sandwiched by 7-over 77 to open the Nike Invitational and 6-over 76 to finish.

The UW will hope for better results in the Alister Mackenzie Invitational in Fairfax, Calif., on Monday.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez