Kyle’s shoe corner: Dominic Green’s Pinnacle 6s

• 0
shoes

It’s only on special occasions that Dominic Green breaks out the Air Jordan Pinnacle 6s. He wore the impossible-to-miss kicks for the regular season opener against Western Kentucky and more recently broke them out for the Pac-12 opener against Washington State on Jan. 5.

“It was the last game here against Wazzu and a rivalry game,” Green said. “I just wanted to do it against them one time.”

The shoes, covered with a metallic gold upper and accented by flashes of white on the lining and midsole, came out in 2016 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Michael Jordan winning his first championship with the Chicago Bulls. The icy translucent surface on the shoes reflects like that of the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Speaking of trophies, Green is currently on pace to become the champion of the Huskies in my own personal shoe rankings. The senior is ending his Washington career on a high note; in addition to the Pinnacle 6’s, Green has also brought out the Kobe Pronto 1s, the Space Jam Jordan 11s, and the Pure Money Jordan 4s.

Reach reporter Kyle Gehler at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @KyleGehler