The Washington women’s golf team took the course for the second time since the new year this weekend and rebounded well after finishing in 15th place just a week ago. The Huskies traveled south to New Orleans to compete in the two-day, three-round Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegiate Championship.

Play began Sunday at the par-72, 6,239-yard English Turn Golf & Country Club with freshman Karen Miyamoto taking command of the five-woman roster. Miyamoto carded six birdies and one eagle to finish 2-under 70 after round one. However, this would be the best round for the newcomer as she followed with rounds two and three over par. Miyamoto claimed a spot in the six-way tie for 10th place (1-over 217).

Sophomore Julianne Alvarez was the only other Husky claimed a spot in the top 20. After shooting the first two rounds over par, Alvarez finished strong on the final day of competition and carded 2-under 70 to bring her tournament total to 2-over 218 — good for a 16th place tie. Her final round was threatened after she recorded a triple bogey on the par-3 12th hole, but the five birdies she shot up to that point kept her in the clear.

Sophomore Wenyung Keh, freshman EunWon Park, and junior Christina Wang rounded out the UW’s tournament roster.

Keh was plagued by a tough second round where she carded 6-over 78 behind one triple bogey, a double bogey, and four bogeys. She saw success on the course in the final rounds where she shot 1-under 71, but was unable to come back from her previous performance and finished tied for 35th place (9-over 225).

Both Park and Wang were unable to shoot under par in all three rounds. Park had her best round late Sunday when she shot a 2-over 74. She almost got away with finishing the second round at even-par, but a double bogey on the par-4 13th hole made it impossible to do so. Park finished tied for 52nd place (13-over 229). Wang progressively improved from her 10-over 82 first round, but her best still wasn’t enough to bring her into the top-55. She finished in 86th place at 24-over 240.

Washington will return to the course Monday for the Bruin/Wave Intercollegiate in San Luis Obispo, Calif.

Reach Sports Editor Alexis Mansanarez at sports@dailyuw.com. Twitter: @almansanarez